Does business for your lawn care company “fall off” in the fall? Be smart and prevent a seasonal slowdown by using these marketing ideas to bring in green even when the leaves are turning brown.
- Offer seasonal discounts. Give your customers discounts for booking seasonal work ahead of time or referring new customers to your business. You can use the Lighthouse Field Services app to schedule appointments quickly and easily. Get them on the books now, and your fall schedule won't look so dreary.
- Create a couple of fall “packages” you can sell to your clients. Focus on unpleasant but essential chores that prepare their lawns for winter. For example, offer a "winter prep package" that include winterizing lawns with appropriate fertilizers, removing unwanted plants and mulching garden beds, or putting down preventative weedkillers. Bonus: Doing these chores now will not only bring in profits, but also make your job easier in springtime, too.
- Contact customers with specific suggestions for their lawns. Lighthouse Field Services lets you maintain all of your customer information, including notes and details about recent appointments, and the cloud so it's easily accessible from your desktop or smartphone. Whenever you have a spare moment, review a customer’s information and come up with a tailored plan to keep their garden looking great through the fall. Clients will be impressed that you took the time to customize ideas for them.
- Provide useful information. You'll get more business if you offer advice and assistance without expectations attached. Help your customers maintain the pretty yards they've enjoyed all summer long by sharing how-to tips. Create a tip sheet or blog post series on topics like "How to Prepare Your Garden for Winter" or "The Truth about Pruning Trees." If you don't have time to write your own content, no worries: Find relevant articles, tips and videos on lawn-care topics and share them on your social media pages. (Just make sure they're not from your competitors! Better Homes and Gardens, or HGTV.com, are two great sites to check out). Updating your social media sites with this valuable information is simple when you use the Lighthouse Field Services app to speed up the process.
- Show off the results of your work. As clients look out the window and see the leaves turning brown, whet their appetites for spring by uploading photos of your clients' most impressive lawns, flowerbeds and shrubs. Put them on your website and social media pages (Lighthouse Field Services makes it easy to do). Stunning visuals will motivate clients to prep their lawns and gardens for next spring — with your help, of course.