You can't rely on emergency customers or new HVAC installations to sustain your business. Repeat customers are the backbone of any successful HVAC company. Here are six ways to ensure your customers keep coming back again and again.
- Be consistent. Homeowners who use the same HVAC service over and over don’t want to have to explain their needs anew every time the technicians visit. Lighthouse Field Service makes it simple to maintain details of each HVAC servicing job you perform, so no matter which technicians you send out, they have accurate details about what was done during the last visit and what needs to be done this time. There’s no need to play phone tag or go back and forth with the front office to get the facts. You and your team can access all of your customer information from your desktop, tablet and smartphone, so you can see job history, notes, photos of the work, and payment status wherever you are.
- Show your appreciation. Treating your customers well is a critical part of getting repeat business. Be sure to express how much you appreciate the customers who turn to your HVAC business again and again. If you use Lighthouse Field Service, you can automatically send thank-you notes to customers as soon each job is complete. Sending a small gift, such as a thank-you card or discount coupon, every year on an anniversary is also a nice gesture.
- Build lasting customer relationships. Staying in touch via email helps keep your HVAC business top of mind with customers, while also providing useful information that offers value. For example, you could send a quarterly email newsletter with seasonal tips for maintaining your HVAC system, special offers on servicing or installation, or information about the cost savings of energy-efficient systems and upgrades. The more your customers know about the importance of HVAC maintenance, the better. Lighthouse Field Service has pre-written email templates you can use to create emails from your business. Just add the relevant information and hit Send.
- Interact on social media. Don't forget the value of social media for staying in touch with your loyal customers. Maintain a regular posting schedule on the social media platform of your choice. Share educational, entertaining and useful information — and be sure to interact with your followers when they like, share or comment on your posts. You'll attract more attention to your posts and get your existing customers' friends interested in your business, too. Ensure that social media doesn't eat up your entire day by using Lighthouse Field Service—it updates your social media page for you by automatically posting your special offers, positive online reviews and photos.
- Offer discounts. New customers aren’t the only ones who deserve discounts. Make sure your regular HVAC customers feel special, too, with offers just for them. For example, offer a dollar or percentage off based on how many years customers have relied on your business, or offer a discount for servicing appointments that are made in advance (such as scheduling a heater inspection right after the A/C inspection is complete). Lighthouse Field Service suggests specific offers relevant for your business. Simply customize and approve the offers, then Lighthouse Field Service automatically posts them to your business website and your social media page.
- Give your loyal customers preferential treatment. You know your HVAC business will be flooded with calls during the first snowstorm or heat wave of the year. Your regular customers will be sitting pretty no matter what weather hits if you’ve sent them timely reminders to get their systems serviced early in the season. Send out a reminder in May that it's time to get their AC units in order, or in October to get the heater looked at before the chill of winter sets in. It’s easy to send these reminders with Lighthouse Field Services' email templates, and it ensures your loyal customers won't have to "wait in line."