A lot of residential maid services still market only with old-fashioned methods like flyers on doors. If you do this instead of using online marketing methods like directory listings, social media, SEO and PPC, you’re missing out. Here are six reasons every residential cleaning business should use online marketing.
- Online is where the customers are. Eight in 10 consumers start with an online search when searching for local businesses and services such as residential cleaning, according to the Local Search Association (LSA). Sixty-three percent will look at your company website. Lighthouse Field Service creates a professional website for your cleaning business that automatically adjusts to the desktop, tablet or smartphone it’s viewed on.
- Online marketing is affordable. When you advertise online, there’s no cost to print a flyer or brochure—or hire someone to distribute it door-to-door. Plus, you can see exactly what results your online marketing is getting, and adjust your spending accordingly so you don’t go over budget.
- Your online reputation matters. When selecting service providers to come into their homes, consumers carefully do their homework and get opinions from others. These days, that means checking out online reviews. More than one-third of consumers seeking local businesses go to online ratings and review sights, the LSA reports. You can get more online reviews from your customers by using Lighthouse Field Service. It lets you automatically ask for reviews from your clients after every job is completed. Positive reviews are automatically displayed on your business website, social media accounts and review site RateABiz.
- Social media helps you spread the word. Almost half (48 percent) of consumers searching for local services visit social media to get ideas, the LSA says. Use social media to showcase your residential cleaning business, share cleaning tips and advice, recommend favorite products and interact with customers and prospects. Lighthouse Field Service updates your social media pages for you so you have more time to spend working with customers.
- Online marketing makes it easy to create timely offers. With online marketing and advertising, you can change up your special offers and discounts on the fly. Is your residential cleaning service having a slow week? Create a special offer to get more business—no need to place a print ad and wait for it to be published. Lighthouse Field Service provides relevant offer suggestions for your business that you can customize. Once you create and approve an offer, it automatically posts to your website and social page.
- Online marketing works. According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing has an average ROI of 122 percent. Lighthouse Field Service makes it easy to connect with customers and prospects via email. Just select from a library of professionally crafted, pre-written emails that you can customize to your business. Review the email, hit send and be confident you’ll get results.